Ethical Intelligence & Good Decision Making Public Sector Workshop 27 July 2012
- Are you working in the public sector and interested in exploring ethics and ethical decision making?
- Do you need to make decisions which allocate scarce resources in providing services to citizens, in a politically charged environment?
- Do you interact with people from diverse cultures and political and religious perspectives?
- Are your personal or professional values and principles sometimes at odds with your organisation’s values and principles?
- Do your actions have the potential to impact on multiple stakeholders?
The Public Sector Workshop develops an understanding of ethics – in and beyond the public sector – and how it relates to morality, values and principles, law and risk management. You’ll explore the purpose, values and principles of the public sector, including an understanding of the public sector as a profession, serving the interests of all citizens. You’ll learn how to use a practical ethical decision making model to resolve dilemmas and competing stakeholder interests, make ethically informed decisions and engage in ethical reflection and dialogue prior to taking action. In the workshop you’ll gain practical experience in resolving real public sector ethical issues through case studies and group exercises.
There are currently no comments.